Yes, you are reading this correctly. The Union that made its name on protecting the rights of Agricultural workers will have to pay out over $885,000 in back pay and another $235,000 in penalties. The Union is going to appeal, but many of you will find this gratifying. There is not much more to report on this right now, but this could be a turning point for politician who fall over themselves to align with this organization that only represents about 3% of the agriculture workers in California. Perhaps we will see our politicians using a little more common sense. Or, maybe we are hoping for too much. Still, the irony of this story is not lost on agricultural employers everywhere.
1850 S. Central St.
Visalia, CA 93277
FAX: (559) 734-7677
1490 S. Price Road, Suite 308
Chandler, AZ 85286
FAX: (480) 656-0278
- NEW 2018 MINIMUM WAGE RATES STATE BY STATE (includes counties and city specific)
- NEW TRANSGENDER POSTING REQUIRED FOR 2018 FOR ALL EMPLOYERS
- Second Article Printed in Progressive Dairyman Magazine – Marijuana Laws and You
- IT’S A GOOD TIME TO REVIEW YOUR EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN
- GOVERNOR BROWN SIGNS 15 NEW LAWS, 5 WITH PREVAILING WAGE REQUIREMENTS
- A Short Explanation of the 7-day Work Week Penalty In California
HR Mobile Services has been recognized by Cal/OSHA four times for our efforts in the field with their Golden Gate Award.